Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scooter Fiends

Today I found out that here in lil ole Utah we have a few major "Scooter Clubs". What is a Scoot Club you ask? Well let me tell you.
These Scoot Clubs like VaVaVaVroom, Brigham's Bees, and another one that I cannot remember the name of right now are all Clubs (for adults, not kids, yes when I hear 'club' I think of little kids too.) right here in Utah and Salt Lake Counties where a ton of people gather together in celebration and love for the motor scooter! Yes, like a Vespa! Who knew that there were so many scooter freaks in our small state?? It came as a surprise to me and that surprise quickly turned into confusion. Because we all see these scooter-ists, and Lord knows that when i see them i see them as lame-ass kids who didn't quite make the motorcycle standard of dude. Seriously i really think they are lame. But this article that i read today from last month's issue of SLUG Mag changed my mind. I no longer see them as half-ass wannabies but at dignified and respectable scooter enthusiasts! I think that anytime you can get that many people together in one place all for their love and passion for something with a HUGE perk to throw a kick-ass party after! Well that is a really great thing. I know look at scooter-ists differently. Thank you SLUG for opening my mind to the awesome-ness of scooter-atude.
If you wanna read the article here is the link its very good i recommend it for anyone and everyone.
Actually i really just like SLUG in general, ever since i discovered it when i was like....14? I have always had a special place in my hear for it. Its a shame its kinda hard to come by in Utah Valley I really feel that there a lot of people here that would really benefit from it. I also love City Weekly, lovelovelove it! hahah what is it about these localized texts that make me want to read them all the time? I'm not sure....maybe because its about my city, my state! That's....probably it.
Any who hope you enjoy :)
Also enjoy this,



-S

No comments:

Post a Comment